Employment, Jobs, Careers and RFPs
Early Childhood and Aftercare Assistant |June 2017
General Statement of Duties:
- Be an outside assistant for the morning classes 11:15-12:15 daily to maintain ratio in the play yard.
- Assist Rainbow Garden lead teacher including set up, help children with their lunches and clean up.
- Guide children with self-care (toileting, dressing and social behavior)
- Help with classroom laundry and dishes
- Assists children going in and out of building to use bathroom and get water.
- Follow signing in and out procedures with parent drop off and pickup.
- Assist with snack in Aftercare.
- Clean mats once a week.
- Assist children with crafts in Aftercare.
- Work with Aftercare Lead teacher to comply with student ratios.
- Maintain orderly storage area for Aftercare items.
- Provide first aid as necessary
- Be knowledgeable about Campus Emergency Plan and able to implement.
- Attend ECE meetings as requested
- Participate in annual work days to prepare classroom
- Complete monthly online timesheets
- Maintain confidentiality in all student Direct parent communication to the lead teacher. Student behavior and concerns must be brought to the Lead Teacher
- Early Childhood Experience preferred
- Complete requirements for Colorado ECE regulations of Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care.
- Within 30 days CPR, First Aid, Standard Precautions, Physical, Background check, fingerprinting, mandatory licensing classes, registration in Colorado Shines PDIS and Early Childhood Educator qualified per the State of Colorado’s requirements.
- Submission of a medical physical by a licensed physician or other health care professional as needed per licensing regulations
- This is a part-time position during the school year. Monday through Friday 11:30-4:30.
- Salary is $16.00 per hour.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you wish to apply or seek further information, please send a statement of interest, resume and three references to email@example.com.
Marketing Assistant – Part Time | May 2017
This is a new position within the Marketing Department at Shining Mountain Waldorf School. This position requires someone who is passionate about promoting Waldorf education globally and developing SMWS as a leader in the United States. The goal is to increase the visibility of SMWS to mission appropriate prospective families and drive inquiries to the Admission Director. The Marketing Assistant will support the work of the Marketing Director with execution of marketing projects, campaigns and events that are designed to increase admissions interest and traffic. This position will be expected to build relationships with the school community to identify marketing opportunities with students, parents, faculty, staff, and the members of the Board of Trustees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- PR campaign development and management
- Identify and develop PR opportunities
- Pitch stories to PR outlets
- Write and submit regular press releases
- Write feature articles
- Social media campaigns
- Manage content for posting to BACIS calendar and Facebook page
- Plan and execute online advertising campaigns (Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) and analyze performance
- Develop and cultivate relationships with bloggers, advocates, and influencers within social communities to drive content marketing opportunities
- Create and maintain a social media and content marketing calendar
- Manage the logistics of social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube using publishing and automation tools and analyze performance
- Website management
- Review content in all sections for updates and accuracy (ongoing)
- Liaise between faculty, visual designers, and website developers, for adding and updating content on the website
- Make all basic updates to the site, including creating new pages
- Post to the blog
- Advertising and promotional campaigns
- Solicit, write, edit, manage the development of collateral materials, online, and print advertising
In accordance with the SMWS philosophy, the person filling this position may occasionally be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in accordance with the duties listed above:
- Serve on the Marketing Committee
- Create and measure analytics of marketing channels and provide periodic performance reports
- Conduct competitor research and build profiles of competitor marketing strategies
- Make process efficiency improvements across all activities, document the updated processes
- Assist in managing internal and external marketing of school events
- Create template for the monthly community newsletter and solicit articles from the community
- Manage and update media contact list
- Participate with event set up and break down of Admissions and Marketing events
- Represent and promote SMWS at school and community fairs
Education and Qualifications / Regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred in communications, public relations, marketing, social media, journalism, business or related field
- Knowledge of and experience with Waldorf education
- Three or more years of relevant marketing experience in a corporate, non-profit, or agency setting, including online advertising experience
- Strong understanding of public relations and online media; proven ability to secure media coverage, guest articles, and build audience attention
- Demonstrated fluency and experience with website content management systems, WordPress or equivalent
- Proven ability to manage multiple social media accounts on leading platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and more, using tools such as Hootsuite, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage email marketing campaigns with CRM tools such as MailChimp, Infusionsoft, etc.
- Advanced experience writing for various platforms, including social media, websites, blog posts, with copywriting experience
- Basic knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Knowledgeable about “white hat” SEO best practices
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- 20 hours per week with flexibility to adjust weekly hours according to demands
- This is a year-round positon
- May require weekend and evening hours
Salary and Benefits
- Part Time – 20 hours per week
- Non-exempt position – hourly wage of $20.00
- Because this is a part time position, no benefits are offered
Shining Mountain Waldorf School is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finance, Accounting, and Operations Director | May 2017
Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience as a Controller, Director of Finance, or School Business Director. S/he will have a positive, proactive and service oriented approach in addition to having a proven track record of building and managing strong teams and inspiring high morale. The Finance, Accounting, and Operations Director will have management responsibility for employees in the accounting and financial areas and work collaboratively with all administrative staff. This is an exempt, year-round, full time position with salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Direct Reports: Bookkeeper, Registrar, Facilities and Grounds Manager
- Develop a balanced annual budget for the operation of the entire school including: estimating revenues, coordinating with Governing Council and Pedagogical Leadership to develop staffing and expense projections, and working with Operations Personnel to develop budget projections for Facilities and Grounds and Business Office operations.
- Communicate budget assumptions and projections to Administrative and Pedagogical School Leadership for feedback and buy in
- Communicate budget assumptions and projections to the Board of Trustees Finance Committee for feedback and its support and recommendation to the Board of Trustees for final approval
- Create financial tracking documents to report back on performance versus budget assumptions and end of year projections on a monthly basis to School Director and Finance Committee
- Provide bi-monthly budget versus actual spending tracking reports to faculty and administrative personnel.
- Create and maintain a multi-year budget outlook, including capital budgeting
- Manage bookkeeper to ensure accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, booking of enrollment contracts, invoicing for after care and other services, appropriate recognition of income and expenses and proper recording of receipts and disbursements for restricted and unrestricted donations
- Manage Monthly reconciliation of accounting activity
- Financial Reporting/Regulatory Filings
- Prepares financial statements to include balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow statements and other requested reports along with a written narrative to the Finance Committee on a monthly basis
- Provide accounting of restricted funds to appropriate faculty and staff
- Acts as primary point of contact with audit firm for providing and clarifying documentation for financial transactions for annual audit by CPA firm. This includes providing financial information to support the annual filing of IRS Form 990
- Provide financial statements and covenant calculations to lenders on a quarterly basis.
- Manages relationship with the school’s bank and lending organizations
- Ensure timely and accurate regulatory filings including: sales tax returns, quarterly raffle license filings, annual Colorado Secretary of State information filings, annual Colorado Charitable Organization registration filings, annual property tax exemption filings, etc
- Other Financial Management Duties
- Responsible for collection of tuition payments, including management of Tuition Management System (Smart Tuition), follow up with families regarding late payments and management of third party collections efforts.
- Act as main point of contact and provide information for any federal, state or local government financial audits.
- Manage cash flow to ensure available funds to meet all commitments.
Facilities and Grounds
- Collaborate with Facilities and Grounds Manager to develop short and long range repairs and maintenance plan.
- Assist in determining financial priorities with various facilities projects and oversees projects that are done by outside contractors.
- Manage annual facilities budget and capital budget
- Provide data, analysis, regulatory information and other insight to School Director, Human Resources Director, Enrollment Director, Development Director Pedagogical Director, Governing Council and other colleagues.
- Act as backup to Human Resources Director for payroll, background checks and other critical duties.
- Provide oversight approvals for monthly payroll.
- In accordance with the SMWS philosophy, the person filling this position may occasionally be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in accordance with the duties listed above as assigned by the School Director.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Finance or Accounting, CPA desired
- 5 years or more experience in a similar position
- PC proficient with extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office and QuickBooks proficiency
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven exceptional customer service skills and prompt response
- Experience in working with third party payroll providers
- Success in working in a collaborative work environment
- Experience with school database programs a plus
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills facilitating work with all constituencies of the school community
- Ability to work independently in a multi-tasking environment employing organizationally sound decision making and flexibility
- Enjoys being an active member of an administrative team
- Ability to be flexible, balancing priorities, and meet deadlines
Salary and Benefits
- Salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health and Dental insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Time Off
- Professional Development Opportunities
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, three references, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Part Time – Early Childhood Teacher 2017-2018 | May 2017
Shining Mountain Waldorf School, located in beautiful Boulder Colorado, seeks a Waldorf-trained, experienced part time Waldorf Lead Early Childhood Teacher. A Bachelor’s Degree or more advanced degree and Waldorf Early Childhood training are required along with experience teaching in Waldorf Early Childhood programs. An Early Childhood Teacher Qualification from Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care is also required.
Our current need is for a part time three-day Lead ECE Teacher in addition to a Saturday Parent/Child program. Enrollment demands may increase and expand this position to full time. Hiring of a Classroom Assistant is dependent on enrollment.
- With joy, warmth and Waldorf pedagogy lead a class of 3-6-year-olds
- Provide seasonal Waldorf curriculum, activities and crafts
- Prepare and carry out Waldorf festivals
- Provide parent education and hold parent evenings
- Conduct and document parent/teacher conferences
- Prepare and maintain classroom
- Shop for supplies and food
- Supervise classroom assistant
- Participate in interviews and admissions events as needed including tours and open houses
- Participate in weekly ECE sectional meetings as well as attend full faculty meetings
- Actively participate in committee work
- Cultivate classroom community connection
- Uphold state of Colorado rules and regulations for Child Care Provider
Shining Mountain Waldorf School is a Pre-Kindergarten -12 School with a current enrollment of 301 for the 2016-2017 school year. We offer a full Waldorf curriculum, which includes two foreign languages (Spanish and German), woodworking, handwork, movement, instrumental and orchestral music and chorus. All of our full-time faculty members are Waldorf trained teachers and represent a rich spectrum of life experiences along with their strength as Waldorf educators. Our school is an accredited member of AWSNA and ACIS.
Boulder is located in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, about an hour’s drive from Denver. It is at the heart of the organic food industry, with an award-winning farmers’ market, and many local organic bakeries and farms. The University of Colorado and numerous local organizations provide a rich variety of arts, lectures and workshops, many of which employ the talents of local community members. The quiet beauty of the natural environment offers contemplative pastimes and a full range of outdoor recreation, including world-class ski areas, and many national parks and forests.
Salary: Current full time base is $39,717.24 for Early Childhood Waldorf Trained, which will be prorated based on the number of hours of this position, plus applicable years of experience increases. Employee benefits will be offered only if the position increases to full time. We are an Equal Opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining us at the Shining Mountain Waldorf School, please send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shining Mountain Waldorf School is seeking substitute teachers. We are looking for individuals who have teaching experience, love the classroom environment, and are available (sometimes on very short notice) to work during the week. Knowledge of Waldorf education is a plus. If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com for consideration. Please include your substitute availability, as well as if you have any interest in future teaching positions.