SMWS ATHLETICS CALENDAR SHARING: In the interest of making calendars more simple for parents and student athletes SMWS Athletics will be using online calendars that automatically reflect any updates made by the coaches. These calendars can be added to your iPhone or Android devices. Below are instructions for Android devices, Apple devices and Apple devices with Google accounts.
ANDROID or if you want to add to your Google Calendar
- Click on the appropriate link below
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar you will see a +Google Calendar button
- Click on it and the calendar will be added to your phone after you provide your Google account credentials
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap on Add Account… under the Mail section.
- Tap on Other.
- Tap on Add Subscribed Calendar under the Other section.
- Copy and paste the desired link from below in the server location of the calendar.
- Calendar updates may not always appear. On a semi-regular basis tap on Calendars within the calendar app and the drag down to refresh all calendars.
- Middle School Volleyball
- High School Volleyball
- Middle School Cross-Country
- High School Cross-Country
- Middle School Girls’ Basketball
- Middle School Boys’ Basketball
- High School Girls’ Basketball
- High School Boys’ Basketball
- Middle School Track & Field
- High School Track & Field
Apple Devices with Google Accounts
- First, lets make sure your Calendar is properly synced. The process is the same on both devices.
- Go to Settings, then open Mail/Contacts/Calendars.
- Next, select Add Account and Gmail. However, if you have already added your Gmail account, then instead of Add Account, choose Gmail from the account list.
- Toggle the Calendar switch to On.
- Otherwise, add your Google account information and a description of the calendar, and ensure that the Calendar option is switched on. Syncing will begin when you next open the Calendar app on your iPhone or iPad.
Next, you must choose which calendars to sync to your phone or tablet:
- To do this, you need to visit the following Google website: www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect
- Provided you’re signed into your Google account, on this page you’ll see a list of all your calendars, with a check box against them.
- Tick the boxes of the calendars you want to sync with the iPhone and iPad.
- It’s important to note that shared calendars need selecting individually, and the default setting is “Off.” This means when a new calendar is shared, you must repeat these last few steps to ensure it syncs with your iPhone and iPad.
- Click save.
- Open the Calendars app on your iPhone or iPad and wait for it to sync.