There are many opportunities for high school students to participate in an enriching summer program, study, travel, or seek employment. Below, are a number of resources and opportunities to explore.
• Cornell’s Summer College offers a six-week College Success course focused on study skills.
• Stanford’s High School Summer College includes a course titled “Writing Well: An Introduction to College Writing”.
• Syracuse’s Summer College for High School Students offers “Introduction to College Level Writing (WRT 104)”
• Summer Jobs: http://www.bouldercounty.org/jobs/yc/pages/default.aspx
• Boys State Summer Leadership Conference (American Legion). Current 11th graders. June 2-8, http://www.colegionboysstate.org/
• Summer Youth Leadership Conference (Rotary club). 11-12th graders: July 14-19 at YMCA of Estes Park, apply online at http://www.rmryla.org/
• Colorado Columbine Girls State (CCSG) leadership conference (American Legion), June 9-14, apply online at http://www.coloradocolumbinegirlsstate.com/
• Brown University-The Brown Leadership Institute helps students make a positive difference in the world. Students develop and apply the knowledge, skills, and attitudes associated with effective and socially responsible leadership. Shining Mountain Waldorf Students have attended the Brown Summer Leadership Institute and have enjoyed the experience. www.brown.edu/summer
2013 Spring and Summer College Fairs:
• http://www.rmacac.org/index.php/fairs (RMACAC)
• http://www.ctcl.org/events/denver13 (Colleges That Change Lives)
• http://www.nacacnet.org/college-fairs/SpringNCF/Pages/default.aspx (NACAC Spring Schedule)
• http://www.nacacnet.org/college-fairs/Exhibitor/Pages/NCFExhibitors.aspx (NACAC Fall Schedule/Colorado Convention Center Denver, CO Saturday, October 5: 1:00pm – 4:00pm)
• http://www.collegefairsdenver.org/ (College Fairs of Greater Denver)