FAIRY BLOSSOM – GATEWAY TO WALDORF EDUCATION
Fairy Blossom offers the opportunity for parents (or grandparents or caregivers) and children to come together once a week in a warm, rhythmical and home-like environment under the guidance of our Early Childhood Director, Mary Beth Fifer. Mrs. Fifer will share insights about life with babies and toddlers and offer support for parents seeking to create a home life that supports a child’s natural development. This program is designed for parents and children to experience the activities similar to those in the Kindergarten. We create a relaxed environment including time for open play, daily craft activity, circle time with songs, games, finger plays, story or puppet play, healthy snack, outdoor time (weather permitting) and time for mothers and fathers to discuss parenting issues, ideas, and concerns in a non-judgmental environment. Mary Beth will offer a topic of conversation each week that relates to Waldorf Education so parents new to Waldorf have a foundation to learn more and experienced Waldorf parents can continue to grow their knowledge base.
The classes provide families with the opportunity to gain helpful insight into the developing child from a Waldorf perspective. Expectant mothers are also welcome! Come sit on the couch and relax with a handwork activity.
Planned topics for the first session include:
- What is Waldorf Education? (Pertaining to the young child.
- Developmental Stages (1 – 3 year olds)
- Setting Boundaries – the Waldorf Way
- How to Communicate with the Young Child
- The Importance of Sleep
- Home Life – How to Incorporate Waldorf Education
- Media and the Young Child
Planned topics for the second session include:
- Recap of Previous Session and Articles
- What is Circle Time and the Purpose?
- Why is Rhythm Important?
- Creative Activities for Your Child at Home
- The Importance of Family Mealtime
- Birthdays – the Waldorf Way
- Why Children Don’t Listen
- Nourishing Traditions
- Simplicity Parenting
- Open Discussion – Parent Questions
Classes meet 9:00-11:00am
Session I (9 classes):
Wednesday Classes: Sept. 12 – Nov 7
Thursday Classes: Sept. 13 – Nov 8
$135 per family
Session II (10 classes):
Wednesday Classes: Jan 16 – March 20
Thursday Classes: Jan. 17 – March 21
$150 per family
Session III (7 classes):
Wednesday Classes: April 10 – May 22
Thursday Classes: April 11 – May 23
$105 per family
For more information, contact Mary Beth Fifer at email@example.com