The Snow Ball: Gala Fundraiser 2013 | Saturday, February 9, 5-11pm
5:00pm | Doors Open | Hors d’oeuvres until 6pm | Pick up Masks | Photo Portraits
5:00-5:30pm | Early Arrival Raffle | arrive during the first half hour to be automatically entered
6:00pm-6:45pm | Dinner Buffet & Raffles
6:45-7pm | Emcee Welcome & Bruce Drogsvold Tribute
7:00-8:20pm | Dessert, Live Auction, Raffle Drawings & Special Appeal
8:20-8:30 | Tables are cleared for dancing
8:30-11:00pm | Dancing to Live DJ’d Music
Live Auction Timeline
6:45pm | Emcee Welcome & Bruce Drogsvold Tribute
7:00pm | Introduction of Auctioneer, Paul Gingerich
7:05pm | Early Arrival Raffle Drawing
7:10pm | Heads & Tails Game | | Paddle Raiser | $10 to Play for iPad Mini 16GB Wifi
7:15pm | Fine Dining & Musical Evening for Eight | Bid Item
7:20pm | Gourmet Sausage Making & Meat Curing Class | Paddle Raiser | Limit 20 People @ $40/person
7:25pm | One Week at Beau West Lodge in Winter Park| Bid Item
7:30pm | Children’s Moroccan Play Tent | Bid Item
7:35pm | Babysitting Night with Mrs. Fifer| Bid Item
7:40pm | Summer Solstice under the Stars | Paddle Raiser | Limit 75 People @ $30/ticket
7:45pm | Special Appeal: Performing Arts Enhancements | Paddle Raiser
8:00pm | Parking Space #1 Raffle Drawing
8:05pm | Parking Space #2 | Bid Item
8:10pm | $5,000 Cash Prize Raffle Drawing
8:15pm | Gala Gratitude by Mary Eaton Fairfield
8:20pm | Tables cleared for dancing
8:30pm | Live DJ’d Music & Dancing
Live Auction Item Descriptions
- Early Arrival Raffle | Arrive between 5-5:30pm to be automatically entered to win! |Prize: $100 Gift Certificate to SALT
- Heads & Tails Game : Only $10 to play this lively game with a chance to win a brand new Apple iPad Mini 16GB WiFi!! This is how you play—our auctioneer will flip a coin—then you choose “Heads” or “Tails” by placing your hands on your head or your tail. The auctioneer will announce whether the coin toss was heads or if it was tails, and whoever chose correctly remains standing. The game continues this way until the lucky last person standing wins the iPad Mini!
Courtesy of Doug & Audrey Wiebe |$10 to Play | Value: $329
- Fine Dining & Musical Evening for Eight: The last tomatoes are being picked. Autumn is soon upon us. Music is in the air and wine is being poured. You are invited to bring seven of your most enjoyable friends with you when you come to dine on a four course gourmet feast, featuring: grilled shrimp appetizers, local greens, tomatoes and goat cheese, house made bread, pork tenderloin served with fresh, local, organic berries and veggies, followed by Deb’s chocolate truffles and fruit tarts―all accompanied by wine and live music. Dinner will be served at the home of Chefs Deb and Drew Kelner in North Boulder on Saturday, September 7th, 2013. Cocktails and appetizers will be served at 6pm. Guests will be serenaded by the beautifully melodious Mr. Ben Seidman.
Courtesy of the Kelner Family |Cost: $600 | Value: Priceless
- Gourmet Sausage Making & Meat Curing Class: Take a two hour class learning the arts of sausage making and meat curing with Master Butcher Paul Gingerich. The class is available for up to 20 people and will take place on a Thursday evening, April 11th at Lucky’s Café. Learn how to make these delicacies, enjoy sample tastings, as well as bringing some of the product home with you!
Courtesy of Paul Gingerich and Lucky’s Market & Café | Cost: $40 per Person | Value: Priceless | Limit: 20 People
- One Week at Beau West Lodge in Winter Park: Beau West has been recently reborn after 20 years and is the perfect destination for a multi-family vacation, family reunion, ski trip or retreat comfortably sleeping up to 17 people. Come stay in Old Town, Winter Park and enjoy a 5 bedroom and 5.5 bath lodge nestled away in the pines just 500 yards from the base of Winter Park Ski Area. Enjoy views of the majestic Continental Divide from the hot tub and large wrap-around deck. This hideaway is complete with a gas fireplace, large-screen TV, a spacious modern kitchen, private parking and two master bedroom suites. Click for photos and more info on Beau West. Courtesy of Susan & Greg Baca | Cost: $3,500 | Value: Priceless
- Children’s Moroccan Play Tent: Let your little one rest their head and let their mind wander to faraway lands in this Moroccan inspired play tent. Complete with cushions, pouf and lantern. This little retreat is the perfect hideaway for dreaming, reading, playing or just a bit of quiet. The play tent features removable shelves for staking treasures, a padded floor and curtain veil for optional privacy. Designed and stitched with care, this tent may be easily disassembled and stored away when not in use.
Courtesy of the Atwell Family | Cost: $500 | Value: Priceless
- Babysitting Night with Mrs. Fifer: Our beloved Fairy Blossom teacher, Mrs. Fifer, will come to your home to babysit, while you have an evening out with your sweetheart or friends! She will even bring a basket of handmade toys for the children to remember her visit.
Courtesy of Mary Beth Fifer | Value: Priceless
- Summer Solstice under the Stars: Please join us on Friday, June 21, 2013 from 7- 11pm for “Summer Solstice under the Stars” at the home of Ryan and Jane Zeender. Enjoy drinks, appetizers, live DJ’d music and dancing outside on the Zeender’s three levels of decks with your Shining Mountain Waldorf School Community. On the longest day of the year, celebrate with your friends and make new ones as we welcome the summer while supporting this special school for our children! You never know what may happen on the Summer Solstice, there are rumors that some special guests may appear to honor this magical day…
Courtesy of Jane & Ryan Zeender and the Fund Development Committee | Cost: $30 per Person | Value: Priceless | Limit: 75 People
- Special Appeal: Performing Arts Enhancements: This year’s Special Appeal is focused on supporting our Performing Arts Program, which includes our Music Program, Costume Department, Eurythmy and Theater Arts from grades 1-12. We are looking to upgrade and enhance these programs through the purchase of the following items:
- Upgraded Lighting System in the Festival Hall to support our assemblies, plays, concerts & Circus Program.
- Upgraded Sound Boards & Sound Systems to be used across campus in our Festival Hall, High School Assembly Hall and outdoors.
- 30 Eurythmy costumes for Grades 1-3 made of heavy cotton fabric.
- 30 Eurythmy costumes for Grades 4-8 made of silk charmeuse.
- 10 custom made Medieval Costumes for the Middle & High Schools.
- Fabric for new costumes across all the grades.
- Fabric Barriers with frames for acoustical and aesthetic enhancements in the Festival Hall for plays, assemblies & concerts.
- Curtains to cover the Festival Hall scoreboard and hang from the ceiling.
- Another set of risers for concerts and assemblies to elevate the orchestra and band.
- This Special Appeal will enrich our programs across the entire campus and each grade, adding to the experiences of our children in these realms.
Thank you in advance for your support of this year’s Special Appeal! |Value: Priceless
- Parking Space #1 Raffle: Prize: Lower School front row parking space with your name on it! | Cost: $10 per Ticket
- Parking Space #2 Bid: Prize: Lower School front row parking space with your name on it! |Value: Priceless
- $5,000 Cash Prize Raffle | Prize: $5,000 CASH!!