- Procurement Letter to businesses + Solicitation Instructions (printable copy of below information)
- Procurement Form
Shining Mountain Waldorf School | Spring Benefit Auction
March 25th, 2017
Dear Shining Mountain parents,
Our Annual Shining Mountain Spring Benefit is the largest fundraising event for our school. It is also the one night each year that is set aside to celebrate as a community. Each year this event is a special evening of live music and dancing, festive cocktails and delicious food, as well as joyful banter with good friends and family.
The event includes an Online and Silent Auction. The online auction will open two weeks before the event and close mid-morning the day following. The items range in value from $20 to $200 and up. With a wide variety of items, there really is something for everyone to bid on.
The silent and online auction items are solicited primarily by parents in our community. Each year we ask each SMWS family to solicit one item. The donation deadline is March 3, 2017―however, we would like to receive them as soon as possible.
Following are instructions on how to procure items:
- Take a solicitation form and cover letter the next time you frequent your favorite restaurant, boutique, carwash, dentist, veterinarian, book store, children’s store, museum, theatre, zoo, masseuse, health care practitioner, yoga teacher or studio, florist, home accessory store, salon, bakery, jeweler, wine merchant, athletic event, hotel, sporting and outdoor recreation store, ski resort, etc.
- Drop a form by a friend’s business―ask for an item for your child’s school.
- Email or call in a request to your child’s summer camp, your favorite get-away, spa, athletic club, etc.
- Have the donor complete the form including the value of the donation (or you can do it for them).
- Deliver the item or gift certificate with the procurement form to:
- Robin Stephens, Events Coordinator – 2nd Floor of the Community House
- Kim Lytle in the Lower School Office
- Or leave on the counter in the Community House living room
Things to know:
- Merchants are usually very gracious―at worst they will simply tell you “No”. Most of the time they will gladly support their community’s children. This is a great opportunity for them to showcase their business! If they would like, we can generate a gift certificate for them. We just need to know any restrictions to their gift.
The following items are examples of procurement items:
- Restaurant certificates, bottles of wine and micro brewed beer, beautiful cheeses and chocolates, etc.― as well as, cooking classes and other food related donations.
- Tickets to sporting events, theatre tickets, music and dance concerts, Shakespeare festivals, museums, etc.
- Donate your mountain home or other vacation spot for a long weekend or a full week.
- Massage services, yoga classes, essential oil packages, spa items and treatments, homeopathic remedy kits and other items and services, which nurture and nourish.
- Items for the home such as pottery, home accessories, home related services, patio accessories and furniture, garden accessories and books, garden services, car detailing and accessories, etc.
- Children’s clothing, toys, games, camps, furniture, dollhouses, books, etc.
- Accessories like handbags and luxurious scarves, jewelry, vases for the florist certificates, etc.
- Sporting equipment, travel and camping accessories, ski packages, lift passes, etc.
If you have a great idea and would like guidance or feedback, give us a call and we will discuss the possibilities with you:
Robin Stephens – 303.951.8581 | Cell 925.858.9130
Kim Rector – 303.951.8583
Open your heart in support of our school, Waldorf Education and most of all, our children, by helping us solicit some super compelling items for our Online and Silent Auctions this year!
With much gratitude,
2017 Spring Benefit and Auction Committee