Welcome to Shining Mountain Waldorf School, a Preschool through Grade 12 independent school! We invite you to linger a while, learn more about us, and consider how our Waldorf philosophy and values resonate with your own.
When scientist, philosopher, educator, and visionary Rudolf Steiner created the first Waldorf school in Germany in 1919, his intention was unmistakably clear: Receive the children in reverence, educate them in love, and send them forth in freedom.
Today, beginning in early childhood and extending through twelfth grade, Shining Mountain Waldorf School anchors these words in a proven philosophy, a rich history, and a co-creative community.
Shining Mountain At A Glance
- Established 1983
- 300 students
- College preparatory
- Accredited by the Association of Colorado Independent Schools and the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
- A well-rounded academic curriculum enlivened by the arts, music, movement, and world languages
- Campus of 11.8 acres nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, multi-purpose Festival Hall for Arts and Athletics, playing fields, ten buildings, bordering on community park
- A safe learning environment that fosters creativity and healthy social interaction
- Governance through teacher, parent, and Board involvement
- Student evaluation via individualized student reports and parent-teacher conferences, with formal grades in the High School