Shining Mountain welcomes boarding students in our High School. Nestled at the base of the foothills on a beautiful 12 acre campus in Boulder, Colorado, Shining Mountain captures the attention of families worldwide who move here to attend the school. With the option to board grades 9th-12th at our school, Waldorf High School education is a real potential for families who do not have a Waldorf High School in their region.
Boarding students at Shining Mountain enjoy the closeness and support of a small school community, where warm, meaningful relationships are made and often grow into lifelong connections. Students may expect the breadth and depth of a liberal arts education at the high school level. Courses are challenging and draw on all aspects of the student’s being – artistic, intellectual, emotional, physical, scientific, mathematical, musical, creative and spiritual. Additionally, the school offers high school students a college advising program and individual advisors, strong athletics, diverse afterschool programs, and unique experiences throughout the grades.
Each student is paired with a host family, who will warmly welcome them into their home to board during the school year. The host family will provide a safe, healthy home environment for the student.
Boarding Student Information
- In addition to our standard tuition and fees of $21,100 for the 2017-2018 School Year, and housing fees of $1,000 per month, boarding students are responsible for their own spending money, athletic participation fees, and travel expenses to and from Boulder, Colorado.
- Acceptance to the program will not be granted until housing is secured.
- Priority will be given to students staying more than one year, their siblings, and students who can secure their own housing.
- Our host families are not responsible for providing housing for parents who are visiting or any other guests of the boarding student during the course of their enrollment at Shining Mountain.
- If you are not coming from a Waldorf School, we require that you do research on the Waldorf Curriculum, as our teaching methods and mission are different than other public and private independent schools, and that you understand this difference prior to applying.
For more information about our High School Boarding Program, please contact our Admissions Director, Mary Eaton Fairfield, at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.