Shining Mountain Waldorf School warmly invites you to “The Spiral of Knowledge: A Conversation about Waldorf High School,” Thursday, October 21, 7:00-8:30pm in the High School Assembly Hall. In this interactive hour and a half, High School Director Jamie Quirk will guide parents on a whirlwind tour that includes the following stops:
- A picture of what is happening developmentally from ages 14-21
- The importance—and difference—in the teacher-student relationship
- How a high school curriculum revisits and builds upon the K-8 experience, but also …
- Why ninth grade is not simply “eighth grade part two”
- The four guiding “questions” Waldorf teachers work with throughout grades 9-12
- Plus myth busting, assumption squashing, and a no-holds-barred Q&A!
Additional high school faculty members will be in attendance to answer questions and share vignettes from this quarter’s classes, as well as what’s on the horizon.
We are excited to introduce you to the faculty of SMWHS, and the progressive and dynamic evolution of our incredible high school program.
This Parent Enrichment Event is open to the general public. –